Archives for June 2014
- Your CV has legs
- The recruiter costs me money
- You need to make a decision today or they’ll withdraw the offer
- My jobs is to get you as much money as possible
- My recruiter never calls me back
- I never get feedback or when I do it’s watered down and useless
We have entered the era of Headhunting 2.0, according to McConnell. In the past, the hidden job market — open jobs that don’t appear on job boards or company websites — was only accessible to a select few.
“It was very niche business for the elite, while the rest of us hung out on job boards,” she wrote. “Now anyone can be tapped on the shoulder with a job opportunity. These roles aren’t advertised the traditional job boards, and the only way you would be considered for these roles is through having a strong online presence and personal brand.”
Without one, you essentially don’t exist, said Jayne Mattson, senior vice president at Keystone Associates, a Boston-based career management consulting firm.