Main board-listed Singapore Press Holdings Ltd (SPH) is Southeast Asia’s leading media organisation, engaging minds and enriching lives across multiple languages and platforms. It has 19 titles licensed under the Newspaper Printing and Presses Act, of which nine are daily newspapers across four languages. On an average day, 3.05 million individuals or 76 per cent of people above 15 years old, read one of SPH’s news publications. SPH also publishes and produces more than 100 magazine titles in Singapore and the region, covering a broad range of interests from lifestyle to information technology. SPH’s internet editions of its major newspapers enjoy over 330 million page views with 18 million unique visitors each month. Other new media initiatives include AsiaOne, omy.sg, ST701, Stomp and The Straits Times RazorTV. SPH has also ventured into book publishing, broadcasting, out-of-home advertising and properties. For more information, please visit www.sph.com.sg .
The kind of people we’re eager to work with are:
- Not shy. We approach, talk to and listen to users every day to get feedback on our designs!
- Understands the difference between empathising with users’ problems; as opposed to asking them for answers
- Act fast. We have a weekly release cycle, and designs must be conceptualised, feedback must be obtained, and prototypes must be finalised in a matter of days. This is not for everyone…
- Motivated more by shipping product than building a work of art
- Is passionate about buying and selling second-hand items online… especially on ST701!
- Create user-centered designs by considering market analysis, customer feedback, site metrics, and usability findings
- Use business requirements and market research to assist in developing scenarios, use cases, and high-level requirements
- Design the UX architecture, interface, and interaction flow of applications and experiences
- Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, click-throughs, or simple prototypes
- Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications and design patterns
- Refine and extend screen comps based on an established visual toolkit
- At least 5 years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role
- Experience designing mobile apps or mobile sites, especially for Android
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions is a requirement for application
- Experience designing online interactions
- Ability to create, run, and glean shareable insights from user tests and usability studies
- Fluency in best practices for information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, and InDesign
- Familiarity with the technical considerations needed when designing for consumer devices
- Demonstrated knowledge of the latest interaction design patterns and trends
- Visual design expertise demonstrated through mockups and style guides
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.stjobs.sg/sph/jobsearch/view/job/1182282/jobtitle/mobile-ux-specialist/grp/def/page/3 →